Monday, March 6, 2017

A Broken Heart is one That's Been Loved

Hey,

It's a sleepless 4am Sunday. I've been up to no good. Been doing all the things They tell you not to do.

- - -

Told you we'd be tested.
Gave you every part of me
Vulnerability is an understatement
Wasn't it nice to know you were loved while you were sleeping?

I thought I might be out of place
Thinking about you more than a year since
But then I looked back and I knew
You felt it in September when you remembered me too

All the times you said you wanted to see me
Only to be choked up
Drink up
Can't help thinking we shouldn't have broke up

I can't remember now
I thought we were different
In a rush of ingenuity, living black and white
We chose to fight all odds

I don't even know what I do this for
Remember the last time you knocked on my door
We couldn't even speak
Avoiding an embrace because you know we'd spill over

I want to know what songs you're writing
How does she feel in your arms
Is it home
He said please still love me, believe in us and we

Did you know
About my investment
That you'd leave one day
Cold, our lego house broken in an instant

I fear you're still lost
That it was all in my head
Lying down on this rainy floor
Waiting on the reason I do this for

The trouble is I'm getting angry
Tired of these dreams and your fear of commitment
I was made to love
Bad men take what they need and run

He said a broken heart is one that's been loved.

- - -


No comments:

Post a Comment