Friday, November 6, 2015

If We Met Again

Dear Diary,

I’m currently writing my essay which is due at three o’clock, but I had an idea that I had to write down. I’m reaching a point of impatience right now given that it’s been a week since the phone call, and I wish that this process was already complete- that the distance would make some things click for him. Knowing Joe, if he’s having strong feelings at this point he’s probably thinking that’s something he needs to work through- that it’s something to hinder him and keeping him from making a clear decision. He would probably think that he needs to reach the point where he feels neutral in order to reflect upon the relationship critically. Not realizing that the intense emotions themselves are a sign and a lesson to be accounted for. Anyway, here was a thought I had. If Joe met me at his school, or at the beach when he surfs, or maybe at a party- he’d really like me. If it were the first time we’d met again, and we dated all from new, he’d really like me. He’d think I was sweet, funny, interesting, and I’d make him feel comfortable. We’d have a lot to talk about, and after we’d exchange numbers we’d become like best friends again- he’d take me snorkeling, we’d listen to music together, we’d eat ramen and play video games until it’s really late. He’d think I was so cute and find it really nice how much I made him smile.

Okay, back to writing the essay about the three main characteristics of the contemporary U.S. gender system. So much fun.


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment